Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with NFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhasmen

Technical User
Feb 12, 2001
ES
I have a 43p with AIX 4.3.2. This machine had connection with another machine and had mounted nfs fs but now I doesn´t have connection. I dismounted nfs fs but I didn´t delete NFS entries in /etc/filesystems and I have rebooted the machine but it can not restart because the machine wants to connect with nfs fs. Console shows that the machine is retrying to connect with ols machine.
I can do ping to machine but I don´t have console prompt and I can not do telnet.
Does anyone know how I can go out this situation?

Thanks in advance

I am not very familiar with AIX, but generally you would boot to single user or boot from CD into single user and then edit out your nfs entry from fstab. Then you should be able to boot multi user again. Consult your manuals to find out how to boot into single user.

The situation is exactly like trunix says. Try inserting your SMS diskette and your bootable AIX CD and pressing F5 on the white PowerPC screen to get an installation menu. Select your option 3 to get a maintenance prompt to delete the remote filesystem from /etc/filesystems.

Remember to [tt]sync; sync; reboot[/tt]

I hope it works...
Unix was made by and for smart people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back