Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with New Linux Host backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamber

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
DE
When backing up a new Linux client I get the following message:

pclinnt1:/opt/sybase save: RAP error: ClientPaks for LINUX/NSR enabler does not exist in the system

Ordinarilly I would just order a ClientPak but I have other Linux hosts that I backup successfully.

All are Redhat 7.1 with the same Kernel.

One point is taht this is the first Linux host added since we upgraded to 6.0.1

Have Legato decided to try and force people to buy Linux paks, if so why do the older ones still work.

As far as I know Linux has allways been covered by the Unix ClientPak / enablers.

Our setup in full is as follows:

Solstice 6.0.1 Build 174 Turbo

Running on a:

Sun E250 with Solaris 2.6

Any help would be deeply appreciated:

Bamber

Hi!
I'm not sure here, but if memory serves me right you need different clintpaks for UNIX and Linux. If it's any consolation, the Linux pak is much cheaper than the UNIX one... ;)

// Matts

The Clientpak for Unix, Linux, Windows and NetWare are usually the same price. The Windows and Linux versions of the server are much cheaper than the Unix version (same with DB modules)

Riaan van Niekerk

UNIX sysadmin

Potchefstroom University

South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back