Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with netscape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssanai80

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
well, I don't HATE netscape, but it's a real pain to make my webpage crossbrowser compatible.
I have two problems...

first, I am using css to have a watermark background in the middle of my webpage and have the position be absolute so it won't move when i scroll the page. It doesn't work on netscape(4.6). is there any way I can get the same effect on BOTH browsers?

second problem is I'm trying to have this watermark background show through my table which has gray background color in it. I was able to do it by having two pixel background image with one transparent pixel and one gray pixel. The table seem slightly pixelated, but it works and I can see the watermark background through my gray table..which I think is pretty cool. Is there another way to get this effect? And this ALSO does not work on netscape for some reason. background of my table doesn't even show up on netscape..just blank background. Does netscape not like transparent gif's or something? Any idea how to fix this? maybe my background is too small(2pixel) and netscape is ignoring it..???

I've been getting lot of help from this forum...so I thank you in advance for all your help!

well I am not coming with flowers!
had the same problem with NN4.7
in some instances even a simple bg color will not work
also 4.7 does not like positioning
try to make it doable and readable
and read stats % IE vs NN !!
sorry I do not have the answer and hope someone will jump in
we may both benefit from it.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search