Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Netfinity 5000, RAID and SCSI..HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers97

MIS
Oct 22, 2001
US
hello:

I am trying to configure an Adaptec 2100S RAID controller card on an IBM Netfinity 5000 machine along with an external tape backup device. I am trying to connect the tape device to the onboard SCSI port on the back of the server. The RAID is set up and configured apparently properly. My operating system in Netware 4.11. I loaded ArcServe for Netware v.7 and the program does not recognize the tape device. Does anyone have any helpful ideas as to how I can get the server to recognize both the RAID controller card as well as the onboard SCSI controller? Thanks in advance for any help..

Sincerely,
Steve Ferrara

Did you use that Netfinity 5000 with any earlier versions of Netware? I am trying to install Novell 3.12 on my Netfinity 5000 and I need the Netware driver for the IBM controller. Do you have it? Can 3.12 run on a dual processor system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back