Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with meta-tag search when using templates??

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc7

Programmer
Oct 4, 2001
US
hello,

i am using the dreamweaver templates that insert comments into the code about the editable regions.

i am using the template html pages inconjunction with a micosoft search engine that looks for content attributes in the meta tag of a page and returns pages based on the meta-content. with the dreamweaver temlpates i ma having problems with the search reading the meta tag.

has anyone else had a similar problem? any ideas about where the meta tag might go or other steps i coul take to get this working? thanks...

Dreamweaver doesn't add meta tags to well without the "add meta tags to templates" extension which you can find at the macromedia website.

In Dreamweaver 4, you can go into the code, hit "Return" right after the title tag of the template (assuming the title is in an editable region) and the description and keywords can go there within that editable area. I don't know if this works in Dreamweaver 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back