Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Max dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkmonsteruk

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2002
GB
I'm reporting on a db2 database and am having a problem with max dates.

At universe level i've created an object (based on a date field in the database) as a measure and asked it to show me the max of the field - however, i'm getting returns which are not the max date of the field (in fact they seem to be the first occurance of the date)...

Anybody come across anything like this before??

Hi,
just make sure this is a BO problem or DB2 problem. Go to data view option and see the raw data fetch by the sql if you see the same value across then u have to check the max function in DB2

Hello Funk,

Post the total SQL statement ,so I can have a look at what DB2 is coming up with in your case .........

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

It's ok lads, i've been onto the database programmers about this problem, and apparently i've spotted an error. It appears that some VB script that was supposed to create a date, doesn't work properly.

Thanks for the offers of help though - It can be very frustrating when stuff like this happens... Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back