Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with LLDP- IP Phones constantly rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac84

Programmer
Mar 15, 2019
AU
Hi all,
I know this forum is for Avaya CM (I use IP Office) however someone may have come across this problem on the same Avaya switch I use which is the ERS3510GT-PWR+.

I'm very new to setting up lldp which I used to send the phones to the correct VLAN for Voice (VLAN 10). The phones boot and after a reboot then grab a DHCP address from the voice VLAN, talk to the IP Office Call Server and everything works fine.

The issue is the IP Phones (SIP or H.323) constantly reboot throughout the day/night after sitting idle for a period of time and I'm not sure what is actually wrong. I've attached some screenshots of the system log, my VLAN config, etc.

Background of small network-
VLAN 1 - Data - DHCP Pool of it's own 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.199
VLAN 10- Voice - DHCP pool of it's own 192.168.10.100 - 192.168.10.199

I work from home so I have my computers/notebooks connect via the IP Phone's passthrough. The computers/Notebooks are obtaining the correct DHCP/VLAN info.

I would greatly appreciate any advice from someone who can identify the issue from my system logs...J series IP Phones rebooting in the middle of the night is driving me crazy!

syslog_uo9ptt.png

lldp_policy_whuepm.png

lldp_tag_u09jla.png

vlans_itxt1p.png

dhcprelay_z51lz7.png

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back