Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Linksys Router using VPN and PCAnywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless 4-port DSL Router in my home. I am using it without wireless at the present time. I have a PC running PCAnywhere 10 that sits behind the router. If I run SecuRemote, I can connect without issue to my office's VPN server. But, when I try to run PCAnywhere from my home PC (remote) to connect to my office PC (host), I am unable to connect.

If I remove the Linksys out of the equation, I can connect without incident. Has anyone else run into a similar situation? Is there a setting I need to change on the Linksys? Do I need to start changing the MTU size on my remote PC? If so, any freeware tools that can be recommended? Thanks for your assistance.

Have you tried another HUB? Is this A PASSIVE hub? Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Open the Linksys Router by entering "hppt://192.168.1.1" in the URL address window.

IF DHCP is Enabled, Disable and use static IP addressing for all PC on your home network.

Click on the Advanced tab, click on the Forwarding tab, enter the port settings for pcAnywhere default setting are 5631 & 5632) and the static IP of the PC that has pcAnywhere in Host Mode.

You may e-mail me @ sun.wind.n.sea@mindspring.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back