Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with KVM switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoboy7

Technical User
Feb 18, 2003
US
We are using a "Command View 4 port Model 098-8040", with an NT server, and a SCO UNIX Version 5.0.6 server. When we switch between the SCO and the NT server. The SCO server is not viewable, once you switch back to it. Have you run into this situation? Is there a fix that you know of?
Thanks
Charles Anderson
Voyageur Software
14050 21st Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55447
mailto:charlesa@voyageursw.com
phone: 763-559-7459
fax: 763-559-7830

Are you running the SCO server in character mode or GUI?

KVM switches and X don't like each other to well.
I have a switch (16 port) that i have 14 sco systems 1 linux and 1 nt system on. the sco systems in char mode and the nt system have no problems. the linux system with X running will screw up royally if the mouse is moved when you switch back to it. (the only workaround i have found is to switch to char mode, ctrl-alt-f1, and then back to X, ctrl-alt-f7.) if i only run char mode on the linux system everything is fine.

We are in Text. If you just leave it switched to the SCO server side, its fine, untill it's switched over to the NT, and back again.

Have you tried changing resolution on the NT side? Sounds like it may be setting up for something in NT and not switching back.

Highest I have is 5.0.5 and 98SE on cybex and I run the 98 at max 800x600 with no problems. Yet.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back