Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with job engine system service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGR

Technical User
Feb 18, 2002
DE
Hi,

I've got an error on a W2k3 Server running BE 9.1 SP1:
"Job Engine system service not responding"

Before that error occurs I get an:

bengine.exe; 9.1.4691.14; bengine.exe; 9.1.4691.14; 000ac494.
application error in eventlog.

And before that there is an
Adamm Mover Error: Unload Rewind Failure!; Error = ERROR_NOT_READY; Drive = "LTO1"; {1BE0DB6A-8073-42EC-BAB8-D2377BDE444B}; Media = ""; {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}; Read Mode: SingleBlock(0), ScsiPass(0); Write Mode: SingleBlock(1), ScsiPass(1).

error

The Library is DELL LTO2 132T with two drives.

Has anyone a solution for this problem or an idea to solve it?

Thanks in advance
/egr

What error message did you find in the Windows Event Viewer Application log?

This looks to me like it was a bad tape (or drive) and could not rewind the tape. Backup Exec always rewinds the tape after the backup job is done.

-SQLBill

Make sure you have the latest veritas drivers installed and Backup Exec 9.1 SP1

Hi,

thanks for your answers.

@SQLBill: The messages are from the Windows Event Viewer Application log.

@steve3: I'm going to check that.

regards
/egr

I've got the exact same hardware as you and have a very similar problem. I was on expert-exchange.com forums and there are a couple fo threads open about this.

It seesm like many diffreent people have it and they all seem to find a 'fix' that works for them but not for many others.

The problem is that the bengine/.exe service can fail at completely random times. it can do it during the day or night, whether there is a backup running or not! The service just stops and doesn't restart.

Masny people seem to believe that it astarts once SP1 is installed for BE9.1. It is true that I didn't have this problem before i installed SP1.

Anyhow, what I have done is set the service to restart when it stops and it is definately working. The service stopped last night and restarted OK and some jobs started successfully. I did have a couple of failures but not quite sure why that was. i was getting a "The drive hardware is offline" error - but that's another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back