Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with JavaSSH Web Client running

Status
Not open for further replies.

reynolwi

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2006
US
I did not know if I needed to post there here or in a different forums...

I am having problems trying to get a JavaSSH web client to run from the webserver. I downloaded the MindGate Java SSH client and I guess I am missing something. The client opens but is giving me this error everytime I type in a server address.

"Error connecting to server1.domain.net, reason:
-> access denied (java.net.SocketPermission server1.domain.net resolve)"

I think all the files are there but I have never messed with java before. FreePBX incorporates MindGate into the VoIP PBX for their JavaSSH and it runs but you can only connect it to that PBX address. It gives me that same error when I try to connect it to other servers which tells me I am missing something.

Wm. Reynolds
Premise Communications
Texas Public Safety Solutions

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue

ok how do I make one of those files and where does it go cause i guess thats what im missing.

Wm. Reynolds
Premise Communications

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue

Here you have another example

About the location, it will depend on how are you executing the program

Cheers,
Dian

its in a folder on a windows 2003 webserver that also runs exchange. java is installed on the windows server because of bes and something else that needed java.

i created a file called java.policy and just for sake of argument one called permit.policy and put them in the same folder as the java client on the webserver. is this the right place? the voip server like i said has the mindgate javassh client already working on it I just can not get it to connect to other servers it gives me the same error. should i try and just put the policy file on that machine and get it working there? the voip server is running CentOS

Wm. Reynolds
Premise Communications

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue

Is the app running as a service or inited with a .bat file? You can add the -Djava.policy="path" if I remember ok.

If not, look for the directory where the JRE is installed and replace the java.policy file you will find in a subdirectory there (I can't remember which one)

Cheers,
Dian

the way i have it set is the user goes to the website and clicks open javassh which calls the file mindterm.jar

i do not know if it is still running serverside or if it downloads the file and runs it clientside.

Wm. Reynolds
Premise Communications

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue

Where are you seeing the error? Do you have a public URL for your site?

Cheers,
Dian

when i tell it to launch the client comes up and asks for the SSH Server/Alias. I put in the dns name of the server because for some reason it does not like ip address and then when i enter the server name lets say pbx.domain.com and press enter is when the error message pops up...

Error connecting to pbx.domain.com, reason:
-> access denied (java.net.SocketPermission pbx.domain.com resolve)

I do have access to it externally but the admin management site that I have been developing where the java folder is I have protected and needs an Active Directory username and password.

Ive even tried using the mindterm client on the pbx server to connect to over ssh servers and it gives me the same error so I am guessing it is only allowing connections to itself.

Wm. Reynolds
Premise Communications

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back