Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems With Internet Connection Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2000
US
I am using Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I have it on a DSL connection and i am using Internet Connection Sharing. It has been fine until lately i have been getting disconnected from my isp very often. My DSL modem never looses it signal. But here is the weird part. I am using a 3com 3C905C Card for the DSl and a 3com 3C905B for the local network. My DSL plugs right into the 905C card and the B card has the connection to the LAN on a 10/100 Auto switch Hub. <br><br>When I loose my connection to the web on the clients and even the server all I have to do is unplug the Local NIC from the Hub and refresh the Browser and then the connection is ON again. I plug in my LAN and I am online and running at full speed. Then It will happen again in a few hours or maybe a few minutes<br><br>I have re-installed Win2k from scratch and still have this prob. I have asked many Administrators in my circle or friens in the IT world and no one has ever seen the Prob<br><br>I hope someone here has seen it or can tell me what is doing it..<br><br>Thanks<br><br>FerrariNYC

I'm having the exact same problem with my cable modem setup. I lose IP connectivity to my ISP, I disable and then re-enable my network NIC and everything is back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back