Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with HP PCL 5e & PCL 6 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecline

MIS
Feb 21, 2001
US
I have a user who is having constant problems printing from his PC, when using Excel 2000, to both an HP 8000 DN and a HP 2100 TN. I have upgraded the user's RAM, the printer's RAM, and the user's version of Windows (from 98 to Win ME). I have tried formatting the user's hard drive and reinstalling the OS and programs from scratch, yet still have the same problem. It only occurs with multi-page Excel spreadsheets, and the result is that the output appears garbled as though the printer was receiving additional PCL commands.

Any ideas?

This response may not directly relate to your problem but I thought it may shed some light on the issue. We have had a terrible time with the HP PCL 5e and PCL 6 drivers when dealing with AutoCAD and programs that use Crystal Reports. The folks whos application uses Crystal Reports as an output tool recommended using the HP 4V driver for the Laser printer we were having problems with and it solved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back