Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with HP monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandyH

Programmer
Jun 16, 2000
US
Hello,
We recently had a power outage and my computer was left on. When I rebooted it the screen was all funny looking. It is sunken in from the left and right sides and also is stretched out from the left and right. I have tried to fix it by the display button on the monitor and that doesn't work and i have also tried deleting and reinstalling the monitor and that doesn't work. I have to monitor set on 800x600 and even changing monitor settings doesn't work. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Sandy

Sounds like you have fried the monitor controls. Time to consider sending it to a monitor repair station. All the symptoms are of monitor , not display driver. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Had something similar happen to the father-in-law not long ago, except in his case, the blue smoke was allowed to escape the monitor. And as blue smoke is what computers run on, this was a bad thing.

A quick jaunt down to Sam's Wholesale and $250 later and he was playing with a new 19" monitor to replace Old Flameful.

Hint: Get a UPS. - if it fries due to power while hooked up, they pay for it (amount varies by product).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back