Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Form (and/or) Relations

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaviens

Technical User
Apr 9, 2014
Hi, I’m creating with Access 2010 a toolbox to help doing engineers projects. The toolbox let the user create loops with elements and his specifications (e.g.: transmitter + PLC + Relay + Junction box)[Each element has his own table with his own specifications]. After creating the loops, when I want to show the loops created I have some problems.

-)The first problem is, that if the loop don’t have all the possible elements Access shows a message box telling there is a problem finding the missing elements.(It is not mandatory for a loop to have all the elements, E.G.: Loop1= Transmitter + PLC + Relay [In this case the program will tell me it doesn’t find the Junction Box, the isolator and the rest of the missing elements])

-)Also it is suppose that only by choosing the loop you want to see, all the fields should be filled automatically. But it doesn’t work at all like this.

(From each element table there is a field with his ID, and also a field called “LoopID” related with another table called “LoopID” where I write the loop names. All this IDs (elements ID + loop ID) go later to a table called “ElementsID” where it is show like this the composition of the loop [LoopID | Element1ID | Element2ID |….].

I let my program here. The form where I want to see the created loops is called “ShowLoops”, and from the Table “ElementsID”, is from where I take the elements ID of each element table. I think my problem is in the relation between tables but I’m not sure I try a lot of things but I’m stuck and I can’t find the problem.

For there to be any response to this; you must show your tables, with field names, keys and relationships.

There is really no useful information in your question.

Darrylle

Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back