Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROBLEMS WITH FIVEWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharok

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I just purchased fivewin 1.9.2 and installed it on my computer (WIN98 system). Nothing works with fivewin. I can't even build and run the sample program included with the package. How do you start with this?

Sincerely;
Sharok

Perhaps, you must to copy BWCC.DLL,Preview.DLL to your windows\system directory.
This is for reason if you can't to open dialogs,if you don't see icons or bitmaps in your sample programs.

I have done all those things and I still get errors such as "Can't find C:\clip52\bin" whereas my clipper 5.2 is under c:\clipper directory and I have set the path and environmental variables to that directory. I have not been able to write or compile a single program with fivewin. Is it compatible with WIN98. I get a lot of errors.

I can help you, I'm Fivewin programmer from 1998, I need more detail of your errors

Do you use Fivewin version of Omicron ????

The Original Fivewin page in FIVETECH ( and the current version is 2.2c, check out this, do you can call the official fivewin newsgroup from
If do you have any problem let me know OK

Sorry my bad english

best Regards

Jesus Tarre

Hi jesus;

Thanks for your reply. I have FiveWin version 1.9.2 which I purchased from Omicron. I have installed it many times on my WIN98 system, but it has always been a failure.
I have done step by step of what it asked me to do such as copying .DLL files to windows system directory and also defined the right environment variables in the package and in autoexec.bat. I have been a clipper 5.2 and clipper 5.3 programmer for more than 7 years, but do not have much Windows programming skills yet. I can not figure it out. The package does not want to even compile the simplest projects such as "HELLO WORLD" or sample program "FIREWORK.PRO" which comes with the package. It gives me a lot of errors and then it quits. The description of the error is "Error description:Error DBASE/1100 Fehlerhaftes argument trim". Do you have any suggestions?

Hi Sharok :)

Your error message is very strange, ERROR BASE/1100 is a runtime error and indicate The argument to trim() was not a character value.

I can't find some relation with "Hello World" Fivewin Sample

Do you use Fivewin BUILD.BAT batch file for compile ?
Check out all path inside BUILD.BAT

If do you use Blinker, what's your version ?

I used Fivewin with Win95,Win98,WinME, Win2000, WinNT and WinXP without problem.

Please download my Insurance Broker Software from with Fivewin and try it in your Computer System, and check out if you have error messages.

Please Go to and enter to "Support" Link and click over "Fivewin newsgroup in english" and find hundred of 5win programmer ready for help you.

Remember. I Speak Spanish and my English is Poor :(

Best Regards

Jesus Tarre
jtarre@cantv.net

Can any body give me wrc.exe and wre.exe (watcom files)

Necesito informacion sobre manejo de FOLDER, creo mi oDLG, le agrego mi oFLD, luego sobre un folder agrego get y coloco en el oDLG un boton que deberia activarse cuando el objeto GET no este vacio, pero no me funciona la validacion estoy usando un WHEN Ej. WHEN (!EMPTY(cCodigo)) donde cCodigo es la variable del oGET que esta en el FOLDER, que estoy haciendo mal...o de que forma he de validar el boton...Gracias..de antemano...ni podeis mandarme un ejemplo, mi correo es
joseluisysturiz@yahoo.com soy un principiante en FIVEWIN o darme algun forum para preguntar...

Jose Luis, entra el foro oficial de fivewin en español desde la pagina oficial del producto en luego haces click sobre la bandera de españa para convertir todo a español, entras a la seccion SOPORTE y haces un click sobre Grupo de Noticias de FiveWin en castellano

Cualquier cosa me avisas

Un Abrazo

Jesus Tarre
Maracaibo, VENEZUELA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back