Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Fax over IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjray2

Technical User
Aug 22, 2005
US
We are in the process of converting all of our remote DS1C connected EPNs at 3 major sites to S8500 and S8300 ESS/LSP. We have found that the faxing that worked with no issues prior to the upgrades now works with intermittent failures. We changed the IP Codec page 2 config from Relay to Pass-through with little change. We then proceeded to undo much of our toll bypass over IP trunking that had some effect, but we still have issues. The problems seem to occur when calls either come in through the main site and traverse the data network to the remote site or vise-versa. Tests done where changes in ARS to use trunking local to the remote site were made resolves outbound issues, but most measures that we are taking to mitigate these problems are opposite of the direction that we are trying to go.

Any help from anyone that would assist us in stabilizing our environment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I had the same issues.... I updated all MEDpro's, it fixed the issue.

All of mine are now at:

IP MEDIA PROCESSOR TN2602AP HW02 FW030

(I belive we were at FW24 when we were having problems)

Before the fix, calls to and from a fax from a trunk both within the same port network would work fine.

Thanks,

Wildcard

You want to make sure all of your MEDPRO boards support FAX Relay and Pass-through. You shouldn't have any TN2302 version 3 medpro boards. The TN2602 should support on all hardware versions.

James Middleton
ACSCI/ACSCD/MCSE
Xeta Technologies
jim.middleton@xeta.com

Thanks for the help. It is a little early to tell yet. Our TN2602 boards were all V24 and I updated them to V31 two nights ago. So far, no new complaints. We do have a renegade TN2302 HW3 FW94 in the same network region, but we really don't need those DSP resources there now, so I will work on getting it reallocated. I will let you know how I make out on another post in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back