Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with exchange users split over two servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveish

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
Hey everyone.

Here's my scenario: I currently have two back-end exchange servers hosting our domain behind a firewall: svr2.ourdomain.com and svr3.ourdomain.com. Users are split evenly between the two servers. All mail gets send to a Linux server in our DMZ, svr1.ourdomain.com -- and from there, depending on which user the email is going to the Linux server forwards the email to the proper exchange server.

Email to and from the internet is working fine for all users. Email to and from users within svr2 works. Email to and from users within svr3 works. But users on svr2 cannot email users on svr3. I get the following error:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject: test
Sent: 2/23/2004 10:25 AM
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Test User on 2/23/2004 10:25 AM
A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator.
<svr2.ourdomain.com #5.4.8>

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Are the two servers setup for replication? (Part of same organization and site, only different server name?) You have X.400 communication between servers (does global address list show all users?)

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back