Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with ESX Backups. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMisio

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
BE
Dear All,

I've been having reoccurring problems when backing up ESX VMs.

There are two major errors. One the backup job selection fails with the following error: "Final error: 0xe000959a - An attempt to take a snapshot of a virtual machine failed because it was unable to quiesce an application. Final error category: Resource Errors"

Second: Final error: 0xe0009541 - Could not connect to the VMware Virtual Center or ESX server. Please verify the credential supplied for login.

I look at the backup job log and move the machine that failed to the bottom of the backup selection list. The backup job fails at different machine. It doesn't matter how many of them I move, it will always fail at some point. Each time when backing up different machine. I've tried recreating the backup job but to no avail.

The second issue is even weirder. The account used to backup up VMs is definitely right. When I run credentials check, it's all OK. Also, when I recreate the backup job it runs OK for few days and then it starts failing with the credentials error. It's the same as with the first error. It will fail at different VMs randomly.

We use ESX 5.1 and BE 2010 R3 SP2. BE runs on Windows 2008 R2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael.

Hi There,

We've got it sorted. I wonder why no one noticed the ESX and BE versions. Backup Exec did not support ESX 5.1 until BE 2010 r3 SP3 or 2012 SP2.

We've installed the recently released SP3 and all works again.

Many thanks.

Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back