Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with EPO and Virus Scan 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmna007

MIS
Dec 11, 2002
GB
Hi we have just installed EPO 3.02 for the first time and although I have read the 500 page manual I am still struggling to configure each machine connected on the domain to go to the main repository every hour and see if there are any updates? Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks for all your help

Damien

create an update task in EPO and schedule it to run every hour. Make sure your agents are using the correct repositories.

Doh!!

Thanks. Can you also tell me what happens when a system isnt connected to the same domain as the main repository, from my understanding the client system will go to the nai ftp site instead, but is there a way to schedule this on the epolicy server, say to try every hour? Also why does it take so long for the Agent once installed on a client to install virus scan 7, it can take over an hour!

As far as Im aware, the product will only be installed when the deployment task runs, not the update task.

The update task will check for dats / agent upgrades.

Someone please correct me if Im wrong in this.

I believe you are correct.

The system will only goto the nai ftp site if you have it enabled in the repository list. Otherwise it will use whatever credintials\repository you have assigned it to use to update.

Doh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back