Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with DID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phector

Technical User
Jun 27, 2011
VI
I have an ipo 500v2 R8.1 with two imcoming call groups. there are two issues that's bothering me. the first is the DID's for the analog faxes are not returning a busy signal when in use. the second call is just wavering in space. the other issue is I have two offices configured using the same T1 on the same IPO, office A is using route 0 and office B is using route 1. Office A hits the IPO almost immediately, but office B takes 14 to 20 seconds before hitting the IPO. can anyone help me figure out these issues please? The customer is concerned especially About the time delay of office B. Could this be a config issue or could it be the way Telco have the DID's configured on the T1?

For your faxes, Make sure under Extension, Analogue tab, it is marked as Standard Telephone. The issue could also be tied into the T1 programming from the Carrier.

For the time delay, check your ARS table, Dial Delay Time. We use 4 as the standard. This is the time that it takes from when the person finishes dialing to when the IPO sends the digits out. If that isn't it, I would check with the Carrier who is servicing the T1.

Hopefully this helps.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

You can actually set it to fax extension under its extension/analogue option (not standard telephone). But, under the user for the fax make sure the telephony tab do not have call waiting on. Also, you can take off any additional call appearances under Button programming (leaving just one).

for the outbound issue, I would recommend posting your ARS table you have created for each office.

are the additional channels configured properly for cust b? such as outgoing line id and does ars have an entry referencing this line group?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Thanks for the information, After a long fight with my Provider, They re-configured the T1. They were sending pulse on some of the DID's. When multiple calls was coming in to the receptionist, 1 would take about 26seconds before it got to the IPO. After they re-congigured to DTMF bothway, problem solved.

star for posting solution to the problem!

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back