Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with designing the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

malbreht

Technical User
Dec 8, 2006
SI
Hi!

I've been using tek-tips for a while and you guys have helped me so much already. But now I got really stuck, have no idea how to move forward and have therefore prepared a problem description at .

The 2 basic problems are:

Problem no. 1: How to make a “Cancellation”, where it has to be possible to cancel only a part of the whole purchased quantity of the items? For example: with purchase no. 3 for the employee no. 99999 we’ve purchased 2 mp3 players and 1 chair. Now we want to cancel only one mp3 player.

Problem no. 2: How to make a “Transmission”, where besides changing the Employee_ID and his other fields we have to store old Employee_ID in a new and separate field?

Please note that I had to translate everything (including the DB) to english, so bear with me if there are any mistakes...

Many, many, many thanks to anyone who will take his time, read the pdf and try to help me out.

Mare [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back