Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with DB2 Connections?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

claudiog

Programmer
Feb 27, 2003
ES
Hi,
We don't have any experience with DB2.
We have a DB2 Database version 7.1.2
We work with a Datawarehouse tool (Business Objects) that access to a DB2 DataBase with Microsoft DB2 ODBC.
Now we have to migrate the Datawarehouse tool version and then it is only compatible with the Middleware DB2 Client 7.2 and DB2 Client 8.1.
Where can I download this product to probe it????. I go to IBM site but I can’t found it. I search in “trials and betas” but I can’t found it. Please help me, Where can I find it??????? Could I installed it without licence (to probe it)

For another hand, I installed DB2 Client 8.2 –a friend gave me the software- but when I go to Configuration Assistant and define a connection to our Database, when I test connection I receive the error: “CLI connection failed. SQL8002N Connect processing failed; a valid product license was not found. SQLSTATE=42968”
Why it is???
Could you help me, please????

Thanks very much in advance!!!!!!!

AFAIK you can obtain DB2 personal edition from the IBM corporate site. I think this is license-free.

With version 7 I have never had any product license issue, but they may have changed it with version 8.

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back