Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with CSS overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoyDelicious

Technical User
Jul 23, 2002
US
I'm attempting to create a box that would contain linkable php code.

<code>

<td colspan=3 valign=&quot;top&quot; background=&quot;#ffffff&quot;><div id=&quot;mainContent&quot; style=&quot;position:absolute; spacing:10px; width:344px; height:150px; z-index:1; overflow: auto; border: 2px none #000000;&quot;>
<?php include_once(&quot;mainbody.php&quot;); ?>
</div></td>

</code>

I've tried changing auto to scroll. Verifying with different browsers. I just can't get this badboy to stay inside that lines. :(

I modified the code from another page that had been submitted to me as a concept. These values worked on that page and not mine which both contain the same CSS (even though defined at div statement). Please find something that I'm doing wrong or I think I'll just die! Thanks for your time.

Joshua Bright

Hmmm, if i insert lots an lots and lots of text in your <div> it is inside the boundaries you supplied. What is in the mainbody.php that you are including?

Yeah you have to be careful what's in mainbody.php, certain tags like <center> can easily break it, and there could be other things interfering with it.

Breakdown mainbody.php, remove certain tags or styles and see if there is anything interfering with it.

- É -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back