Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with conversion to 2000 and mde file

Status
Not open for further replies.

storer

Programmer
Mar 27, 2000
US
I converted 2 97 databases to 2000 and made mde files on my computer at work, had no problem. (actually, I did discover that one field in one table was dropped. It showed up in the forms and queries as an expression. I did the conversion again and it was fine, unless there is another field that was dropped that I'm not aware of. Is this common?) Anyway,I then tried to install them on a computer offsite that had just been converted to Office 2000. One I had no problem with. The other, when I tired to open the mde or the mbe file, I got an error about a disk or network problem. (I was installing it on a server.)
I just couldn't get anywhere. I finally had to import a copy of the 97 mdb file into a new 2000 database and was able to get a usable mdb file...but couldn't convert it to mde. I'm assuming this was because there seemed to be problem with some code on a form. (That gave me no problem before.) Found this out when entering data.

When I returned home and placed this "bad" mdb and mde file on my personaly computer...opened fine, no problem with code, able to convert, no problems at all. Makes one think they are crazy!

Norton Systemworks was installed and run on the computer that gave me problems just prior to installing 2000.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back