Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

** Problems with clients in a windows-domain **

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLui

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
DE
Hi !

Is there someone who have problems with clients in a windows-domain ?

I have !!!

I backup some windows-clients with netbackup 5.1 on a Solaris system, they
work very fine, but if these clients are in a windows-domain they don´t work.
Statuscode 41 or 50 are the results of the backups.

I make host-entries, in /etc/hosts (Solaris) and /system32/drivers/etc/hosts
(Windows) for server and clients on both systems, but it doesn´t work.
I make a entry for the windows-domain-nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf on backupserver,
but it doesn´t work.

Is there something to do on the domain-controller (PDC), i´m not the administrator of the PDC ?

Can anybody help ???

Greets
Holger

Nope, just make sure that NetBackup has permissions to backup. I would suggest having the client start its services as either the local administrator or a domain admin account.

Sometimes these errors are caused by miss-matched network buffers. Check to see what your net_buf_size is on both Solaris Master and Windows clients.

Timing is critical. Check the actual route being used and the number of hops. Do a trace route form the client to the master server.

tracert ***.***.***.***

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

NBU hates DNS waits too. To get round this, if it's not too many hosts make sure the fully qalified domain name is an alias in the hosts - and put them in lower/upper case as well. Name resolution: Check windows IP settings and confirm that domain for both the windows servers and media servers are in the suffix settings in the advanced settings DNS panel. bpclntcmd from dos prompt helps troubleshoot this ( along with ping/tracert and nslookup!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back