Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with callcentric SIP trunk & IP500V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwphone

Programmer
Mar 9, 2005
US
Equipment:
IP500V2 running 9.0.500.972
CallCentric SIP trunk
Adtran Total Access 908 (not currently in service)

My sip trunks were working fine for about a year with very little need to reboot the IPO. No complaints...loved my service. Until...

Outbond calling:
Recently I had been experiencing severe delays on outbound calls. If I were to make a call from my 9641G out to my mobile phone, it would take about 60 seconds or so before my mobile would ring. All the while the phone's display would show "DIALING". Eventually the mobile phone would ring and I would answer it and everything works great after that.

Inbound calling:
When placing an inbound call from my mobile (or any other phone), the system rings through just as it should with no delay...everything as expected. Upon picking up the reciever on the 9641G, I continue to hear ringing on my mobile phone. The call never connects but the 9641G shows that the call is in progress and counts away the seconds as if nothing is wrong.

Adtran Total Access 908:
After experiencing the above issues, I deployed an Adtran Total Access 908. I configured the unit accordingly, deleted the trunk in my IPO, forwarded the ports to the adtran instead of the IPO, rebooted and everything worked great. No problems in or outbound. Everything worked great for a few months.
I recently noticed that all of my calls were coming straight to my mobile phone rather than twinning out via the IPO. Calls were being routed from CallCentric according to a rule that I put in place for instances of the "extension" not being registered. My adtran might be crashing on me. There is a processor warning showing that it is at 92%. Since the unit wasn't working, I upgraded the IPO to the newest release thinking that it might solve some of my SIP issues...it did not. I am back to the same issues listed above.

I would love to get this working and I need to as well. I am no wiz at SIP and I recognize that. Please advise if you have the patience.

Callcentric and IPO 9.x works fine, so it's the firewall between the IPO and your internet connection, something incorrectly configured on the IPO, or your call treatments.

I'd start with:

1) Remove all call treatments on CC so they just deliver your call to the Extension of the IPO.
2) Post up some screen shots of your line config for callcentric.
3) What kind of firewall do you have in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back