Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with cached reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlbo

MIS
Mar 26, 2002
GB
All,
has anyone used cached reports and had any problems with them ??

I have a report setup as follows:

Summary list report with list of unique business units running vertically down the page (there is other data against these business units but they are the important bit of info). This column in the table is set to have a Navigation property on click to Jump To another report (the detail report for the business unit that was clicked on).

This all works fine as long as the report is set to render based on the latest available data (ie by re-querying the database each time). If I set the summary (1st) report to cache however, and then click on any Business Unit, it jumps to the correct report BUT I lose the header above the "parameters" section (the top of the 2 parts that can be conrtolled by the arrows - >> ) . The arrows in the top section disappear so you cannot unhide the top section (where you would normally see the tabs for "Properties", "History" & "Subscriptions".)

Finally, there is a parameter filter on the report that the user can choose. If the Default value is used, this issue does not happen - it only occurs if one of the non default parameter values is used

Whew - hope all that makes sense and if anyone has seen this and knows how to get around it please let me know as I cannot run these reports non cached.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Rgds, Geoff

A file that big? It might be very useful. But now it is gone

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

I've never done cached reports with a Jump To, but have you verified that the report it is jumping to is cached as well?

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

report it is jumping to is not cached but it doesn't matter if it is - still see the same behaviour.

For info - this has been passed to MS as a potential bug

Rgds, Geoff

A file that big? It might be very useful. But now it is gone

Let us know what they say. I'm interested in the resolution now that I've seen the problem.

Thanks,

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

no probs

Rgds, Geoff

Three things are certain. Death, taxes and lost data. DPlank is to blame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back