Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with BAPI/RFC-Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

buke

Programmer
Aug 6, 2004
DE
Hi,

I am having problems with the Mercator BAPI/RFC-Adapter.

When I generate a type tree from a RFC we defined in our SAP, the fields in the generated type tree are exactly twice as long as defined in our RFC-Module.
When I use the GET-function to call the RFC-module, the same thing happens. The RFC/BAPI-adapter interprets the fields returned by the SAP exactly twice as long as the really are returned by the SAP-System.

Example:
The field LGCSYS is defined in the SAP as character(10). The BAPI/RFC-Importer generates a field character(20) and the BAPI/RFC-Adapter interprets the returned field as character (20).

We are using Mercator 6.7.1 on HP UX 11.11. The SAP-System is of version 6.20 (Enterprise) and is running on HP UX too.

Has anybody experienced a similar problem before ? What could be the problem here ?

Thanks

Generate the tree from the IDOC or thr R/3 BAPI importer on Windows. But your problem is that I think 6.7.1 may not support SAP 6.20. What Gateway version are you using?

I see that 7.5.1 does support 6.20 RFC.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Hi,

I generated the Typetree with the BAPI-Importer on Windows 2000. I tested the Typetree in a Map on Windows and on HP. Same result on both platforms. The documentation (and the BAPI-Importer) says that 6.7.1 and the SAP Integration Package 7.2 supports SAP Enterprise.

I generated the tree with 7.5 too, same result. All the field in the tree are exactly twice as long as defined in the RFC-function module.

The version of the gateway I'm not sure about. I have to check that.

After you have that, open a case in support. You should have SAP IP 7.3 for 7.5.1 (if you don't have 7.5.1, get it.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back