Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with animation quality.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pianist

Technical User
Feb 29, 2004
FI
I have this irritating problem.. When I render an animation, it ends up being very dodgy. Not in the way that the cameramovement isn't smooth, but the animation looks like I've been doing some mpeg-encoding (you know that kind of bad quality). I want to know what this is about, becasue I'm doing this 3d-intro to a lowbudget college-movie...But anyway. I have Bryce 5, I render the animation as 25fps, uncompressed full avi, the length is 23 seconds, and the resolution is 600*450 (I was only testing what I would vome up with - that isn't for the movie =)). I don't have quicktime (wonder if that has any effect whatsoever...), Wmp 9 series. I believe my comp isn't that bad (Athlon XP 1700, 256 ram) in that sense..
Please help the n00b out! :) I'd be very greatful.
Thanks in advance,
Denial.

I'm not sure what's causing the bad quality... but it could be that you have fast preview turned on - the button immediately to the right of the big render button that causes the render to occur in a single pass rather than multiple passes. Try turning it off.
Also, note that clicking the lowest grey arrow near the render buttons brings up a menu where you can select quality (antialiasing). Super is generally good for final renders, though it does take longer, and premium takes a really long time... though default is okay for a movie, as the motion of the animation makes the detail quality less important.

Ok thanks, I tried rendering a couple of seconds without the fast preview on, it is a lot better, but I'm working on it still, haven't been able to try it out completely.
Thanks for the reply though!

I am having similar problems. My animation looks as though it's glittering? Like all the reflective materials have some type of glittering effect. If you know anything, let me know.

I will =). But still nothing new. =( Anyone..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back