Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with an IBM 3584 library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memo1977

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2005
MX
I am running a p570 with AIX 5.2 ML4, as tape library I am usin an IBM 3584 with 6 LTO-3 drives with a SAN connection.

Everytime that I try to con figure the Jukebox appears some errors and can not finish the configuration.

At thi moment I have not installed the ATAPE drivers, because some IBM technical advisor told me that there is some issues between Legato and this library. By the way.. I am using NW7.2.1

The SAN is ISOLATED just for this server and the 3584.

There is the error that sends the command when I run it.

jbconfig: RAP error: Too many devices. Maximum is 1

Please have anyone some idea of what I am doing wrong?

Regards

This points to a license problem.

You obviously have a limited NetWorker edition - i guess it is a LSSV (limited NW version provided with Oracle) or equivalent.

The registration window should tell you more about your licenses.

I have already checked but is an open version of the system, there is no limitations...in another hand, I have noticed that I have problem in my O.S. so I have to fix first... Thanks anyway for your help

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back