Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with an Access 2000 DB linked to SQL 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdina

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
US
I am recently having problems with an Acess 2000 front end linked to SQL. What I had going was the Acess connected to a SQL server using a user account for login, all of the sudden it has stopped working, so someone probably changed something within that has caused this software to not work correctly. What happens when I try to open a form that connects to SQL to get data is I get an ODBC error, if I try and test the table by clicking on the table the form uses in the view seen by holding shift while opening Access and moving to "tables" and then double-click the table, I get the ODBC error again and then get a SQL Server Login screen where I see the proper server name input, and a box marked "Use Trusted Connection" is checked, with a Login ID and password area greyed out, however the Login ID is incorrect. If I uncheck the "Use Trusted Connection" box and then switch the Login ID to the correct ID and enter the password, the table contents appear, and the forms work correctly. So, next time I open it, the changes revert back and I get the errors again... so nothing has been fixed. Any ideas?

thanks,
--Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back