Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with ActiveCell.Row... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnayJ

Programmer
Feb 27, 2008
US

I have a Sheet of data with a button on it. When I click in a row to identify the row of information I want to use... and then click a button on the worksheet - a Form opens and I transfer the individual cell values that I want to look at onto the form. Everything works, but when I close the form and click another cell and click the button again to launch the form I see the old records. Then I have to close the form and open it again... then the new information comes up. It's like my code hasn't recognized the ActiveCell.Row has changed right away. Is there a way to make it recognize the new ActiveCell.Row before opening the form?

A piece of the code below...

Code:
    OFFICEVIEWTRANSfrm.Show
    'transfer data from ActiveRow
    OFFICEVIEWTRANSfrm!MLSNUMBERbox.Value = Sheets("Office View").Range("A" & (ActiveCell.Row)).Value
    OFFICEVIEWTRANSfrm!CLOSEDATEbox.Value = Format(Sheets("Office View").Range("I" & (ActiveCell.Row)).Value, "dd-mmm-yy")
    OFFICEVIEWTRANSfrm!STATUSbox.Value = Sheets("Office View").Range("J" & (ActiveCell.Row)).Value
    OFFICEVIEWTRANSfrm!AGENTNAMEbox.Value = Sheets("Office View").Range("D" & (ActiveCell.Row)).Value

Thanks in advance,

SnayJ

Hi,

This forum is for Access VBA questions. Your question is regarding Excel VBA, which belongs in forum707.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

You need two procedures.

One to open the form in the Button_click event

The second in the userform Activate event that loads the four text boxes.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Skip,

Thanks... sorry, I have 2 forums under my forum list and I clicked the wrong one.

As for your suggestion, thanks... I get it... open the form and have the form pull the information on Activate... sounds good. Thanks!

SnayJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back