Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamloops

Programmer
May 7, 2003
CA
Hey Guys,

I've been having problems with calculations...

It seems sometimes the database will round off amounts for example it should be $61.20 but it shows up 61.00

Now this only happens sometimes.... is there some keys that are pressed on the keyboard that could mess up these amounts.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Maybe it's still stored correctly, but is "formatted" to round off the zeroes. There are a whole bunch of things you can check (do all that apply):

--Check the data type of the field in question. It should be Currency or somesuch.
--Check the Format of the field in ALL of the following: table design, query design, form design, report design -- should be blank for currency fields, unless you have somethings specific you like.
--I assume you are not inadvertently running an UPDATE query that changes the values...let's just call this the "updating itself without my knowledge" category.

--
Find common answers using Google Groups:

Corrupt MDBs FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back