Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with a reinstall of Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friedy

Programmer
Sep 13, 2001
US
I bought a new dell computer with NIS 2004 on it, I updated to Norton 2005 and after two weeks got a measage LU1848: Couldn't create callback object. Did some research and deleted all norton and symantec from reg. now when I try to install norton I get: can not find instopts.dat? Norton says to delete some reg keys, did that but no luck. This is not good for a reinstall of norton Why?

Copied from Experts Exchange forum.

prior to following the directions above and/or installing / uninstalling go to start run type msconfig hit enter then go to the startup tab write down everything that is checked or unchecked (whichever is easier)then uncheck everything hit apply then ok reboot then follow the above directions.

Thanks linney I found the the file to delete. It is in the MSCONFIG Start tab UpdReg. It apears to not delete and is still acc. with old updates. Get rid of it.

Friedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back