Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems while coverting Access 2000 Database to Access 97 Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

RADM

Programmer
Dec 27, 2003
IT
Hi,

I've a database in Access 2000 in which I used CurrentProject option to handle security modules. But when I converted to Access 97 version, CurrentProjection option shows an error due to library. How can I get rid of this and want to use CurrentProjection option as well.

Rgs

RADM

You cannot use CurrentProject in A97. It was new in A2000.

Hi,

Thanks Lupins. But how can use the functionality of CurrentProject in Access97 means any other method?

Rgs

RADM

I guess you might be able to write a class module which provided the same functionality. You can do user functions for some of the CurrentProject members:
for example: Currentproject.Path
CurrentDb.Name will give you the path to the current ­db, including its full name. You have to parse out the file name from the ­path.

If your use of CurrentProject means that you have used ADO in A2000 then you are faced with re-writing everything in DAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back