Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems using the AT scheduling command

Status
Not open for further replies.

chux73

Technical User
Feb 13, 2003
AU
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with this one. I have a windows 2000 server which is also a DC. I want to run a batch file once a day. when I schedule it using the AT command or the schedule task program. The batch file will not run. When I set it up on my win2k professional desktop it works fine. Why? Could anyone help. Thanks.....

I've had this problem too.
Resolved by using the Windows Task Scheduler instead...

I'm trying to run a batch file to delete temp files. I've also tried running the delete command within the AT command instead of the batch file. I'm using the domain Administrators account. I have the same problem with task scheduler, doesn't run the scheduled jobs

Doesn't run at all. No error messages!

With the AT command, verify two things for me:
You are using the /INTERACTIVE switch
This will allow you to see the command as it runs. Use your test batchjob, and put a PAUSE command in it. For example, it would be useful to see, if you're doing DEL *.*, that the prompt "Are you sure (Y/N)?" does not appear.

You are specifying the FULL PATH to the batchjob
On my system, the command would not run otherwise

Elaborating on Interactive mode, if indeed you are not seeing an ERROR result (after the run time, you type "AT" alone, and see no status), perhaps the process is stuck in memory. Remember to remove any pauses. Since non-interactive tasks are harder to kill (task manager won't do it) you would have to resort to something like the NT4 Resource Kit "KILL.EXE" to stop the ProcID.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back