Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems trying to connect Oracle Workflow !!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcar8

Programmer
Dec 5, 2003
MX
I'm new using Oracle tools and i want to view workflows stored in the database using Oracle Workflow builder 2.6.3

When i try to open a file (Menu ->File ->Open) using the "Database" option, i get the following error message after entering the appropiate User/password/dbname

1700: Could not connect with username/password 'APPS/apps@ofnxi' ('ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
').

Any idea ??

Thanks !!

Your local tnsnames.ora file doesn't contain an entry for ofnxi. You may copy that file from some working system or tune your own manually or with the help of Net Configuration Assistant

Regards, Dima

Thanks sem, but that's not the problem, i've checked the tsnames.ora and it's correct, i can even connect to ofnxi using SQL+, but not using Oracle workflow

It IS a problem. You probably have more than 1 Oracle Home, so you have a number of tnsnames.ora files. One that is used by Workflow is not correct. You may either replace it by correct one (along with sqlnet.ora file) or define TNS_ADMIN environment variable to point to the location of correct one.

Regards, Dima

Thanks a lot, i have solved the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back