Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems setting up server under a new domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

parani

Programmer
Nov 2, 2006
IN
Hi,
There is an old authentication server that I want to replace and I need some help doing it.....
First of all the new one is going to be running win2k server, and here is where I need help.....
I want to build a new domain and create a new private range of IPs (eg 192.168.x.x)..... I know that I will have to change some settings in all clients, but my question is about the set up of the server..... When I try to place the server under a domain that is new, it gives me the error that domain doesn't exist, which is correct, but shouldn't the server create it?
Am I doing something wrong, did I skip a step at the first stages of the setup?
Thanks for the help
p.

Where have you specified the domain name? Don't forget to setup windows 2000 domain you need to configure Active Directory. Have you done this?

You need to run DCPROMO from the run command to install AD and make this machine a Domain Controller for a new Domain in a new forest... Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back