Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems sending EC500 Calls to Google Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmmaaa

MIS
Oct 28, 2002
US
I have someone that wants to use their Google Voice number in EC500 and it is not ringing their Google voicemail when making test calls to their extension. Has anyone had success setting up a Google voice number in EC500? If so, what did you do to get it to work?

-James
I love it when a difficult problem is resolved....

Have you traced the call? Does it work if the google voice number is called on the system?

Hi Sean655,

I did trace the call, and I saw the PBX call the Goggle Voice # being called. I ended up trying something on a hunch. The coverage path the person had only had the call have 3 ring before going to voicemail. I changed it the coverage path to one that had 6 rings before voicemail. I made a test call and the person was able to answer on the Google Voice number. Thanks for responding. I happen to have Caesar Chavez day off from work (work at a Public California University). I'm going to try to find something "fun" to do in these shelter in place, Covid-19 times :) I guess a book or a Netflix show or walking my dog [2thumbsup] is about it.

-James
I love it when a difficult problem is resolved....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back