Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems saving a Access project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knutjo

Programmer
Jan 15, 2002
NO
I have been writing some VBA-code in my Access project. When I am trying to save I get an error message that says...(translated from Norwegian):

"You interrupted previous operation"

and then I am not able to save my sourcecode or forms.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong ?
Environment:
Windows 2000 Professional
Micorosoft Access 2000 Sp1

Regards Knut

On my System the was due to the Installation of some other Microsoft Product; in this Case Visio 2002 on top of Office 2000. During that installation the vbe6.dll was overwritten and the new version was buggy. So buggy, that the database was broken for good! (Could not compile anything anymore, everything that was compiled with that vbe6.dll was corrupted.) Neccessary procedure was:

1. Reinstall the old vbe6.dll (From Office CDs)
2. Re-Import all tables, queries, forms, modules, *everything* into a new mdb file and recompile

I hope, your error appears out of another reason. Check to see if you installed any other MS Product lately (incl. Visual Studio .NET, etc.). Compare the versions of vbe6.dll on your system and on the cds.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back