Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Publishing a non domain member server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerexplosion

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2009
GB
We have an ISA server in a DMZ

It has 2 interfaces ( Internal and External ) we currently have a web listener for OWA and the external interface that is working fine. My problem is I need to add an additional web listener for an internal web server that is not a member of a domain and I need the clients to authenticate directly with this box. When attempting to contact it.

I registered and setup a domain name for this server routed it through to the external interface of the ISA box ( I assigned a second IP to the ext interface ). I then setup a web listener on this IP for this website for port 80 ( at the moment I am just testing it on HTTP ).

My first problem was when I try to hit the website from external I got prompted with an authentication box from the ISA server but it won’t take the credentials, I then changed the authentication on the rule to be no authentication but client may authenticate directly hoping this would allow the web server itself to prompt for credentials ( as it normally does internally ) but I get no authentication box at all. I get in the ISA logs - 12239 The server requires authentication to fulfil the request. Access to the web server is denied.

I am sure I am missing something but I can’t see anything else in the logs. Normally if it was on the domain I would use the ISA box to authenticate against AD however this isn’t the case.

Any Ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back