Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems playing music through PC from external player via mic socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregmacca

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2002
GB
I am trying to hook up an external music player (a minidisc recorder) to play music through my laptop and then record it in mp3 format. I have the correct lead (for headphone socket to microphone socket) and the software to do so (musicmatch jukebox plus which allows recording from an external source). I have recorded from the laptop to the minidisc recorder so I know the cable is ok and that the transfer works. The problem I am having is that I set up the software to read from the line in or mic in (I have tried both) and I adjust the volume settings for recording from the system tray then I play the minidisc but I am not getting any input from the minidisc player. When I record from a cd in my internal cd drive, everything works fine. I can't think what is wrong as I have the correct lead and software and I have tried all the possible settings. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Greg

Have you checked the record settings in the volume control panel to make sure the right device is selected to record from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back