Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems playing media from DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

krymzon

Programmer
Feb 22, 2005
CA
hey guys. i'm pretty new to macs, so forgive my lack of knowledge...haha.
anyways, i've got a new mac book pro, and so far i've managed well with it, and uderstand how to use it fairly well now, but there is one problem. I burnt a DVD containing some movies and music from my XP based computer, and, when i try to open the DVD in macOS, it can't read the DVD.
I'm going to assume its becuase the DVD was created in a windows environment. So, if anyone can give me a little more insight into this, and maye a possible solution that would be great.
thanks.

--there are 10 types of people in this world. those who know binary, and those who don't.--

Your Mac should be able to read most any DVD format. --But double check your Windows burning software to make sure that it is burning a standard format.

Are you saying that the Matc cannot access the files through Finder or that the music/movies will not play on the Mac's media player apps? If the latter, check out videolan.org for a Mac-Intel-based player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back