Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems pasting a picture from MS Word into Adobe Photoshop CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOTCOM11

Programmer
Aug 5, 2003
US
I am fairly new to working with Photoshop CS. I am trying to paste a picture form a Microsoft Word document into a new document in Photoshop CS. When I do so, the picture pastes fine except that the image is very pixelated. What am I doing wrong? I know previous versions did not have this problem for me. Also if I try pasting into Adobe Illustrator CS, I don't have any problems either. Unfortunately I do not have Illustrator on this machine at work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,
Chris

I have already done that, and I still get the distortion when I paste. Any other suggestions?

I've already tried that as well. No luck.

Sounds to me like the pic in Word is really only 72 dpi... Don't know why it would look ok in Illustrator though. Can you enlarge the pic in Word before you copy it to force the resolution to be a little better, or does that make it too pixelated to copy?

Yeah, the resolution really doesn't have any bearing on the pixelation. I cranked the new photoshop document to 300 dpi before pasting it, and I still got the pixelation problem. In previous versions of Photoshop I never had any of these issues. It's just kind of wierd and frustrating. Thanks for your tips though :)

"Yeah, the resolution really doesn't have any bearing on the pixelation.  I cranked the new photoshop document to 300 dpi before pasting it, and I still got the pixelation problem."

Um... If you're starting with a low res image in Word, or from anywhere, and you try to put it in a high res file in Photoshop, pixellation is exactly what will happen. I can't imagine how this would have worked regardless of the version of Photoshop... Everything is based on the resolution of the image you start with. So, I guess I'm stumped by your particular problem (and I think everyone else is, too). Good luck. :/

Signal, I can email you the image and see if you can figure anything out. Maybe you can understand the problem better that way. You don't have to do this though if you don't want to. I do appreciate your advice.

Hi Signal.

I've already done this for him, via email.
It worked just fine for me.

He has the result already.

I also suggested to him to create a PDF from Word and open that in Photoshop. as a work around.

Sorry, didn't want him to waste you time...

Marcus

It was just one of those things, It worked fine when I did it.
copy from Word and Paste into Photoshop worked.
As did draging image onto open Photoshop document.

I also made Photoshop res 300 and pasted image in, and that also worked.

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back