Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems: OWA and Form Based auth. /exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbo007

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2003
ES
Hello all,

I have enabled Form Based Authentication on my Exchange Server 2003.

I can open the main login page ( where it prompts me to enter in my username and password. Once entered in it then gives me a error loading the page:

Can't seem to find that file???

If I use the local servername ( and try it from my LAN it works fine.

I have added to my virtual directories the sub domain we use to access the OWA from outside our LAN. But nothing. It does not let me logon???

Do I need to be running a frontend server aswell? This server is configured as abackend server only, but we have access to it via https through the internet to check email.

Thanks,

Rob

I used Q articles 830827 and 555053 when I set mine up and didn't have any problems.

Neill

Hello,

I followed both tips and I still get the same error. I think the problem is with my domain name and Exchange server for expample.

My email domain is my-domain.com so all email is joe.blogs@my-domain.com but I access my OWA via a sub domain
I think OWA is getting confused and not redirecting the sub-domain or something like that.

If I test it internaly using: it works????? Its got to be something with the sub domain it does not like. I have added the sub domain the the exchange managers vitual directories but nothing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back