Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems on a network shared folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coronel

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2005
US
Hi Folks.
2 IDE HDD's Master & Slave.
here is the issue, I used to have a few shared folders in my computer, in my slave HDD i could see all shared folders in my network; i changed both HDD's to SATA i copied all info from ide(slave) to sata, all folders were shared again, but the problem is when i try to access the data by using the UNC path, my laptop cannot see shared folders from that computer.
TCP/IP is well configured on both machines, i can ping both machines witout problems.
Please help.

Sounds like permissions. You state you changed both hard drives. What did you do to change windows drive? Did you image it or load windows fresh? If you loaded windows fresh or renamed machine then you need to change permissions on shared folders to grant access. share would be set up to give permissions to oldcomputername\user and you need to give permission to newcomputername\user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back