Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems of diplay after inserting controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakenshield

Programmer
Jul 27, 2005
FR
I'm working on a MDI application under PB, and I encounter problems of display after inserting any control (for instance, a picture or a mere line) on the main window :
some windows of the application simply don't appear, despite the fact that they are referenced in the "Windows" menu of the application... Is this a bug? Is there any property to change to avoid this problem? Thank you for your help.

Make sure you do not have a path to the image file referenced in the control (i.e. "C:\mydocs\myimage.bmp"). You should only have the filename referenced ("myimage.bmp") and then make sure the file is in the application folder on the machine and referenced in the PBR file when you make a build.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

I checked the file reference of the image I inserted, and it is in the application folder on my machine... but my problem is not fixed.
In reality, as I said in my first post, I have the same problem when I insert a line in the main window... After the insertion, some windows of the application can't be displayed! What do you think about it?
Thanks.

Hello,
Just to make sure things have gotten off on the right foot. Since your making an MDI type app, you have your main MDI frame created of type "MDI Frame", and each of your sheets is created of "Main" window type, right?

When you say that your inserting controls on the main window ... I presume you mean a sheet and not the MDI frame window itself? You normally cannot/do not put objects on the MDI frame. There are trick ways to do that, but not standard. If you have objects on MDI frame, remove them and your sheets should display normally.

When you open your sheets from the menu, your doing something like...

opensheet(w_window1, w_main, 1, Original!)
or
opensheet(w_myWinVar, "w_window1", w_main, 1, Original!)

Couple of things....
You cannot hide/make invisible a sheet in a MDI app.
If you use version 2 of the OpenSheet syntax, then referenced windows are not automatically copied into the execuatable. You will need to use PBR resource to include it. Not a problem when running/testing in the PB environment.

Regards,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back