Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems knocking out text in CS2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

createtransmit

Technical User
Jul 28, 2005
US
Hey all - New to the forum and Illustrator - both are pretty cool...

I'm doing a CD layout and I need to achieve an effect where text is knocked out, or a negative, so when the CD goes to print the text will actually be the absence of ink and the "mirrored" CD will show through.

I've created my template and have my nice black circle and text placed where I want it. I'm using ChopinScript as the font. I select the text, then go to "Type > Create Outlines", then select the background and go to my Path Finder pallate and under "Shape modes" I click on "Subtract from shape area"...

It kind of works. The body of the text is punched out but the frilly lines that make it a script font do not so it looks totally wierd. Its a large size (72 pt) so its not an issues of the thin lines being too small...I've added strokes and tried the same thing but the results are even worse.

Is there a simple way to do this?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Got it. I needed to go to "Object>Expand" after creating the lines and then knock it out. Looks fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back