Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems Installing windows 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexburg

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I have installed windows 2000 server, when the system reboots after installation and I get to the configure you server window. I select “this the only server on my network”, I then go thru all the steps to configure and receive a “active directory installation has failed” message that reads “the network location cannot be reached”. Also the installation process seams to skip over the “network settings” and “workgroup or computer domain” section.
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I have had many suggestions thus far. One being that it could be a problem a BIOS problem? Thanks for any help

Make sure when you set up active directory that you are networked to another computer.Active directory will not set up unless it detects a connection to another PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back